Who is Heather?
Hi, I’m Heather and I’m here to make you laugh, make you cry, help you improve your life, and occasionally shock the shit out of you with weird and scary facts about your health.
For the past 6 years I’ve worked as a realtor in the Des Moines area and I loved it… Until I didn’t anymore. My passion started to change after watching a little documentary called Food Inc and slowly over a few years I started to care more about helping people be healthier both physically and mentally than I did about market analysis’s and seller HUD statements. I could have stuck with the real estate thing and continued to make good money but that wasn’t serving anyone so I walked away.
So that’s how I got here. Health and lifestyle blogger, fitness trainer, life and health coach. I love what I do and I’m so glad that you’ve found your way here, I can’t wait to know you better. My goal always has been to be the best version of myself so if you think you might want that for yourself too then you’re in the right place. Let’s stay in touch and grow together!
Still want more?
Oh so you’re nosey huh? I like you even more. Ok well here are 5 of the more interesting things about me:
1. I am TERRIFIED of mascots. Like freeze in place and piss my pants when I see one. Its not healthy and I might need therapy. To make matters worse, my husband proposed to me wearing a full on gorilla mascot suit. I was naked in a hot tub when this happened, it was a bad deal.
2. Speaking of my husband, his name is Tyler and he rocks my world. I met him at the single lowest point in my life and he inspires me every day. He’s a smart ass, he’s driven, motivated, and absolutely hilarious. You’ll hear me talk about him and his stubborn picky eater ways quite often.
3. I have the most poorly behaved dog that has ever walked the earth. His name is George Michael (after the Arrested Development character, not the disgraced pop singer) and he is a vizsla. Not only does he steal things like food off the counter and steak knives to use as weapons he believes he is a person and pretty much dictates my life. But he is oh so cute. … See
4. I have VERY strict rules about wearing sweatpants and yoga pants in public. Unless it is before 8 am or after 7 pm I don’t think you should show up at the grocery store (or anywhere in sweatpants) unless in fact you have just left the gym or yoga. I stand firmly behind this rule and I am happy to debate it with you at any point in time. Seriously, email me, it will be fun.
5. On a more somber note you… I used to be engaged pre-Tyler. His name was Josh and he was an incredible person. He died unexpectedly in 2006 and that forever altered the course of my life and made me who I am today. The way I think, the work I do, the way I love people, it all stems from losing Josh. The loss was devastating but the gift was having my eyes opened to the fact that life is short and tomorrow isn’t promised so you better get out there and tell people you love them while they can still hear you. You’ll hear me mention Josh from time to time so you should know that he was a life changing force in my life.