Ready to Return to Exercise Postpartum, but not sure where to start?
Let me help!
Let’s sit down together and develop a plan to return to Crossfit or whatever type of fitness you’re into.
Here’s The Truth:
Whether you were active all 40 weeks of your pregnancy or you haven’t exercised in months, you NEED a recovery strategy.
Simply heading back to the gym and easing into things with no strategy isn’t enough. It’s about so much more than simply don’t do these 5 exercises and do these 4 instead. We have to heal, strengthen, and retrain your body so you can stay injury free and be able to function long term.
When you return to exercise too quickly or with too much intensity too soon you’re putting yourself at risk for:
- A Diastasi Recti that doesn’t heal/function properly (The “Ab gap” you have heard about)
- Incontinence (You pee your pants when you jump/run)
- Low back pain
- Getting so discouraged you say fuck it and stop exercising all together.
As your coach I will teach you a proper strategy that progresses you from whatever stage of postpartum you’re at to where you want to get back to. The things you learn in our time together will empower you to make the best choices for yourself and your workout as you return to regular exercise.
It’s about so much more than exercise selection.
I’ll Teach You:
- How to focus on your breath. Both in the early stages of recovery from birth all the way through how to breath as you squat, deadlift, etc.
- What areas of your body we want to really focus on in order to strengthen your core, pelvic floor, and reduce your risk of injury. I want you feeling strong both in the gym and in your daily life.
- How to hold, carry, and feed your baby to support your recovery instead of hinder it (Raise your hand if wearing your baby is killing your back!)
- A plan to progress back into the exercise you love.
- Red flags and warning sign symptoms to watch for.
- Green lights to watch for that signal you’re ready for a bit more.
- A strong healthy mindset that gives you the confidence to make whatever modifications to a workout you need to make to protect your own body.
Here’s Exactly What You Get:
- 1 One Hour Session Together (We’ll assess where you’re at and come up with a strategy for you).
- An 8 week return to training strength plan. You’ll know exactly what you should be doing.
- 1 20 minute Phone call to check in and reassess (You can use this whenever you’d like to)
- Email access to me.
I am crazy passionate about taking care of my postpartum moms which means you are going to be getting a lot of access to me. I’ll walk with you during this exhausting, exhilarating, and somewhat confusing season of your life.
Investment: $300- One Time Payment.
Additional In person or remote calls/sessions can be purchased if you need them.
Questions? Email Me: Heather@HeatherOsby (dot) com